- 3 open source log aggregation tools – Log aggregation is a valuable tool
that can help with troubleshooting and other use cases involving event data.
Dan Barker takes you through some key considerations and three top tools for
log aggregation to help you get started.
- Drone: The first open source container-native CI/CD software
– Drone is a containerized CI/CD system for cloud-native development, used
at companies like eBay and the New York Times. Drone uses a simple YAML
configuration file, a superset of Docker Compose, to define and execute
pipelines inside Docker containers. Creator Brad Rydzewski’s inspiration:
“to architect out all the red tape companies can put around these tools.”
- Is coding becoming obsolete?
– No, coding is not becoming obsolete. However, “no-code” technologies are
making it possible for those without development experience, like line
managers and designers, to build minimum viable products themselves from
scratch. While developers may be skeptical of the no-code movement, Levon
Terteryan explains how they can also benefit from adding no-code techniques
to their toolsets, in the second part of his series “Is coding becoming
- There are many “cookbooks” for open source tools. Here’s how one group is
applying open source principles to actual cooking..