- [Achieving immutability in Python](https://opensource.com/article/18/10/
functional-programming-python-immutable-data-structures) – Mutation is hard
to reason about. Immutability can help you better understand your code. In
part one of a two-part series on functional programming in Python, Moshe
Zadka explains why this is the case and shows how to achieve immutability
without sacrificing performance.
- [Hackers (heart) Python](https://www.imperva.com/blog/2018/09/
– Python is on track to become the world’s most prevalent coding language.
Unfortunately, it’s just as popular with bad actors as it is with the general
population. Imperva explores why Python is the weapon of choice for hackers.
- [I created a bot that talks to recruiters for me (and it’s sooo good!)]
– exactly what the title suggests :)
- [How I used Google Cloud Platform to start investing in stocks]
– let the cloud do the computing.
- [13 tools to measure DevOps success](https://opensource.com/article/18/10/
devops-measurement-tools) – How’s your DevOps initiative really going?
Find out with open source tools.
- [Deploying frontend applications the fun way](https://hackernoon.com/
deploying-frontend-applications-the-fun-way-bc3f69e15331) – If you’re just
starting to dip your toes into continuous integration and continuous delivery,
here’s a post on how to deploy frontend applications using GitHub, Jenkins,
Docker, and Digital Ocean. Carlos Roso shares what he learned building a
deployment pipeline, giving you the tools to try it yourself.
- [Today I learned: how to generate music with Sonic Pi!](https://dev.to/
Sonic Pi is a live-coding music program that uses Ruby to generate synth
- VS Code can do that?! – All the best things
about Visual Studio Code that nobody ever bothered to tell you.
- Simplenote Command Line Interface –
sncli is a Python application that gives you access to your Simplenote
account via the command line. You can access your notes via a customizable
console GUI that implements vi-like keybinds or via a simple command line
interface that you can script.
- Program like it’s 1983
– Do you long for the software development glory days of 1983? Microsoft is
“re-open-sourcing” the source code for MS-DOS 1.25 and MS-DOS 2.0 on GitHub.
Just remember, “the source will be kept static, so please don’t send pull
requests suggesting any modifications to the source files.”
- How to [manage an SQL database](https://www.digitalocean.com/community/
- How to [build a neural network to recognize handwritten digits with TensorFlow]
- How to [provision and manage remote Docker hosts with Docker Machine on Ubuntu 18.04]
- [5 Salary Negotiation Rules for Software Developers](https://dev.to/
– Get +20% On Top of Your Market Rate.
- Sublime Merge – a git client from
the makers of Sublime Text. Original site.
- [5 tips for interviewing for a remote position](https://enterprisersproject.com/
article/2018/10/how-interview-remote-it-job) – To fill in-demand roles,
organizations are increasingly letting their employees work remotely, but
the competition for these positions is fierce. If you’re among the 77% of
professionals interested in a remote post, take a look at these five tips to
help you ace your interview for a remote IT job.