- [Introductory Go Programming Tutorial](https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/
introductory-go-programming-tutorial) – How to get started with this useful
new programming language.
- [Grady Booch on the Future of AI](https://www.infoq.com/news/2019/02/
Grady-Booch-Future-AI) – According to [Grady Booch](https://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Grady_Booch), most current AI systems are about pattern matching of
signals at the edge and inductive reasoning, not true Artificial Intelligence.
During his second day keynote at the 2018 QCon San Francisco, “Building the
Enchanted Land”, he explained his view that AI today is a “system
engineering problem with AI components.”
- [The 14 habits of highly effective developers (Part 1)](https://dev.to/
– transitioning from being a junior dev to a mid-level dev via good habits.
- SQL Series: From A to Z
– jargon busting explanations for database terminology and concepts.
- [Kubernetes on-premises](https://medium.com/@anisinanaj/
kubernetes-on-premise-8ceffa48fee5) – Ani Sinanaj walks you through the
process of installing and configuring Kubernetes on your own servers.
- [Clean out your Docker images, containers and volumes with single commands](
) – while Docker has commands for stopping and removing images, containers,
networks and volumes, they are not comprehensive. Clean out and refresh your
entire Docker environment with this set of instructions and set them as
- [Google’s Cloud-Native NoSQL Database Cloud Firestore](https://www.infoq.com/
news/2019/02/gcp-firestore-database-nosql-ga) Is Now Generally Available.
- [5 open source network monitoring tools](https://opensource.com/article/19/2/
network-monitoring-tools) – Keep a better eye on your network with this
roundup of top tools.
tail -f /dev/blog
- [What we’ve got here is failure to communicate](https://medium.com/@dicturel/
what-weve-got-here-is-failure-to-communicate-13f80189aced) – “Communication
is vital at every level of a software development project, but you’d be
surprised at just how often this fundamental rule is broken. And when
there’s no communication, that’s when the final product created can look
very different from what was sold, promised, built and ordered.” Tomer
Dicturel, cofounder and CEO of Crane, discusses some of the many reasons
these projects fail.
- [APIs you didn’t know you needed](https://dev.to/mkrl/
apis-you-didnt-know-you-needed-38c) – a small collection of APIs you may or
not have heard about.
- [Ever wonder where your favorite language was born?](https://lemi.travel/
matt/the-birthplaces-of-programming-languages) – The Birthplaces of
- [21 Platforms That Serve As A Lifeline To Web Developers](https://dev.to/
– tools for speeding up productivity and maintaining an efficient workflow.
- [VS Code settings you should customize](https://dev.to/thegeoffstevens/
vs-code-settings-you-should-customize-5e75) – out-of-the-box settings that
make VS Code work better.
- [20 VS Code Extensions You’ll Actually Use](https://dev.to/vip3rousmango/
vs-code-extensions-youll-actually-use-46gp) – once you’ve optimized your VS
Code settings, advance to the next level by checking out this list of
- Some useful links about programming fonts:
- [Programming Fonts — A List](https://medium.com/@caulfieldOwen/
programming-fonts-a-visual-guide-567fc210d2c6) – 2018’s highest quality
fonts for coding — free and paid.
- [The 10 best fonts for programming](https://www.developer-tech.com/news/
2018/may/16/10-best-fonts-programming/) – A guide.
- Sudo – A free font for coders by
- Firicico – Combination of Fira
Code and Pacifico for Italics.
- Fantasque Sans Mono –
A programming font, designed with functionality in mind, and with some
wibbly-wobbly handwriting-like fuzziness that makes it unassumingly cool.
- Mononoki – A font for programming
and code review.
- Commercial [Dank Mono](https://medium.com/@philpl/
- Commercial Gintronic font
– The most ergonomic programming font.
- Programming font comparison –
Compares the most common fixed-width programming fonts. All font samples are
from actual screenshots of the font taken under Windows 7 with Sublime Text.
- Operator Mono Ligatures –
This project will generate new OpenType fonts for Operator Mono that includes
ligatures similar to those found in the popular Fira Code font.
- Ligaturizer – Add
ligatures to any coding font!
tail -f /dev/humor